All our animals spend time in foster care before being adopted. During this time the carer gets to know the animal’s temperament, personality, and energy levels. They also observe how each animal interacts with adults, children, and other pets, and if they would thrive best in an indoor only or indoor/outdoor home.
It might often feel like a case of love at first sight, but we recommend you read each animals profile carefully and consider how their needs and personality might fit with your family or lifestyle.
Animals available for adoption are listed, with their profiles, on the OAAT facebook page and OAAT website. Every application will be considered, and those most suitable will be contacted for a short phone chat, followed by a meet and greet, and then a home check. We want to be sure it’s not just a match – but the perfect match!
1. Consider how the pets temperament and personality fit with your home and lifestyle
2. Submit your interest via the online application form
3. Meet the pet and their foster carer
4. Home Check and completion of paperwork
5. Welcome your new pet into your family